All products featured on Vogue are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Love is in the air! Or is it? February 14—that heart-laden day with a fanciful origin tale—can magnify the full spectrum of emotions in any relationship. But whether or not Valentine’s Day envelops your own heart in a rose-colored veil, symbols of love are inescapable this time of year.
While there’s hardly a need to go all out on a gift, small tokens of affection are always appreciated—no matter how long your love has been blooming. For those with a strong feel for the holiday, our Valentine’s Day gift guide has small and grand gestures alike to pin down their love. For those looking for inspiration beyond the beribboned drugstore chocolates and hard-to-nab dinner reservations, our edit here is filled with ideas that are equal parts cheeky wink and wonderfully charming. Let’s jump right in.
Instead of an overpriced pre-fixe dinner…
Forgo the 7 PM Resy alerts! If the way to their heart is through their belly, chef up at home with a pasta kit from Roscioli—your tesoro will be most excited, almost more so than if you surprised them with a round-trip ticket to Rome. (Just kidding, that would indeed be better.) Embroidered placemats from Misette set the table, while anything—water included!—tastes better when sipped out of a Sophie Lou Jacobsen totem glass.
Sophie Lou Jacobsen
Instead of grocery store flowers...
We’re not saying there’s anything wrong with raiding Trader Joe’s fresh flower stand, but if you want a true show-stopping arrangement that will blow up the group chat, a flower delivery is the way to go. Most of these can be shipped with or without vases, ahead of time, or a mere 24 hours before, and sometimes with chocolates for a little extra treat.
roses and chocolate gift set
Instead of borrowing theirs…
Get yourself some sleepwear that’s chic and supremely comfy. Self-gifting is always in style.
Birkenstock x Tekla
Instead of another candle…
Scented matches!Incense sticks! Room spray! Your favorite plus-one might not live in a three-story townhouse on the Upper East Side, but that doesn’t mean their one-bedroom can’t smell like a home featured in an AD spread. These set a mood, and aren’t a fire hazard when you leave the kitchen unattended for… personal matters! A win.
Ivy room spray
Instead of second-guessing your relationship status…
No time like the present to lock it in.
Instead of an awkward couple’s massage…
Explore a new kind of intimacy with a sensual body stone and oil that you can put to good use long after the clock strikes midnight.
Instead of a Birkin…
Who knows when their Baby Birkin will arrive? Until that fateful call comes, your sweetheart can gaze longingly at the bag’s muse, Jane Birkin, all while shuffling through the house in a pair of fuzzy Birkenstocks. It’s called manifesting!
Instead of a coffee date...
Perfect for the newly-coupled, skip the queue and brew cortados for two at home with fresh beans from Partners, then serve them in artful cups sure to spark a lively conversation.
Instead of drugstore chocolates…
Spoil your sweet with treats almost as irresistible as they are, like cherries dipped in chocolate or matchsticks for your forever flame.
Choc on Choc
Perfect Match Belgian chocolate
Instead of a trail of red roses on the floor…
Romantic movie gestures aside, these won’t require any tidying up but get the sentiment across all the same.
Instead of playing games…
Challenge your knight in shining armor to a game of speed chess—the melty pawns are made of chocolate, after all—or a round of hearts if three’s a crowd.
Instead of heart-shaped jewelry…
A set of heirloom-worthy earrings to remind them of your affection.
Insights, advice, suggestions, feedback and comments from experts
As an expert and enthusiast, I have personal experiences or emotions, but I can provide information on various topics. Now, let's dive into the concepts mentioned in this article.
Valentine's Day is a holiday celebrated on February 14th each year. It is commonly associated with romantic love and is a day when people express their affection for one another through gifts, cards, flowers, and other gestures of love. The origins of Valentine's Day can be traced back to ancient Roman and Christian traditions. Today, it is celebrated in many countries around the world as a day to celebrate love and relationships.
Valentine's Day Gifts
The article mentions various gift ideas for Valentine's Day. Here are some of the gift suggestions mentioned:
- Roscioli Signature Pasta Kit: A pasta kit from Roscioli is recommended as a gift for those who enjoy cooking and food. It can be a thoughtful and unique gift for someone who appreciates culinary experiences.
- Misette Set-of-Four Linen Placemats: Embroidered placemats from Misette are suggested as a way to set a romantic table for a special Valentine's Day meal.
- Sophie Lou Jacobsen Totem Glasses: These totem glasses are mentioned as a stylish and charming option for enjoying beverages together.
- Urbanstems The Grower's Choice: Instead of grocery store flowers, the article suggests opting for a flower delivery service like Urbanstems to create a show-stopping flower arrangement.
- BloomsyBox Pink Peony Tulips: Another flower delivery option mentioned in the article is BloomsyBox, which offers pink peony tulips.
- Flowerbx Roses and Chocolate Gift Set: Flowerbx provides a gift set that includes roses and chocolates, offering a combination of romantic elements.
These are just a few examples of the gift ideas mentioned in the article. The suggestions range from culinary experiences to floral arrangements, providing options for different preferences and budgets.
Other Gift Ideas
The article also suggests alternative gift ideas for Valentine's Day. Here are a few examples:
- Comme Si La Boxer Alta: Chic and comfortable sleepwear is recommended as a self-gifting option.
- Scented Matches, Incense Sticks, and Room Spray: Instead of another candle, the article suggests scented matches, incense sticks, and room spray to create a pleasant ambiance.
- Chefanie Relationship Status Cocktail Napkins: These cocktail napkins with relationship-related phrases can be a playful gift.
- Kate McLeod Heart-Shaped Body Stone: A heart-shaped body stone is mentioned as a sensual gift for exploring new kinds of intimacy.
- Sonic Editions Birkin Paris 1970 Print: For those dreaming of a Birkin bag, a print featuring Jane Birkin is suggested as a manifestation tool.
- Anissa Kermiche Set of Two Coffee Cups: Artful coffee cups are recommended for brewing cortados at home and sparking conversations.
- Lavoratti 1938 Library Box Chocolates: Instead of drugstore chocolates, the article suggests indulging in high-quality chocolates.
- L'Objet Rose Noire Gift Set: A gift set featuring scented items is mentioned as a way to create a romantic atmosphere.
- Dorsey Sabine Lab-Grown White Sapphire Drop Earrings: Heirloom-worthy earrings are suggested as a gift to symbolize affection.
These are just a few examples of the alternative gift ideas mentioned in the article. The suggestions aim to provide unique and thoughtful options beyond the traditional Valentine's Day gifts.
I hope this information helps you explore different gift ideas for Valentine's Day! Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.